Saturday, January 27, 2007

Saturday Thread

Another lazy title, but I wanted to get a new thread up, and I'm already too busy mulititasking to pull together anything with a coherent theme. I've been watching some of the rally in D.C. and commenting over at Firedoglake, and also working on some stuff at Cafe Press. And somewhere in there I took a break to get lunch together for the kids, and prod Son to do the homework he hasn't started yet.

In case anyone missed it, here's the post from yesterday about the switch to the new version of Blogger. In a nutshell, it wasn't my idear. It just sorta happened.

Oscar's 'toons are here.

At Crooks and Liars: I Heart Molly Ivins. Here's the updated Kos diary about Molly's hospitalization, and here's the candle page for Molly Ivins.

Via MSNBC: Will Rove Testify?

Good post at Firedoglake called "A Tale of Two Speeches"--it actually covers a fair amount of ground, but starts out with a comparison between Bush's SOTU speech and Webb's response.

jc has some new designs, inspired by some "crushie type interest in Russ Feingold" at BFA.

Kimmy checked in here, and right after her comment, Karen shared the news about the progress of Gravatar updates. I'd forgotten we were waiting for those. Anyway, they say they'll be back up in early February.

Light a candle for Kimmy here and for Thankful's brother here.

By the way, I checked March of the Penguins out of the library, and I finally watched it yesterday. It’s not easy to make myself do thar with a movie when no one wants to watch with me. In fact, most movies I check out end up being returned, unwatched, 5 days later.

Anyway, I was determined not to let that happen yet again, so I did watch MOTP, a bit at a time, over the course of the day. Two thoughts: 1. It was really stunningly beautiful visually and 2. It really, really sucks to be a penguin.

Mind you, those babies are freakin' adorable.

(More pictures at 75 degrees south.)

Alternate link for comments

No comments:

Post a Comment