Sunday, January 21, 2007

R.I.P. John Kerry, hamster

Looking to see if there were any reports of Kerry getting ready to announce for 2008 (everybody's doing it these days), I found this...

'It's a sad day in our household. John Kerry is dead.'

"John Kerry was named such when, at 4 years old, my youngest was saddened to learn that the person her parents voted for hadn't won the election. Naming her hamster 'John Kerry' was her way of making up for that.

"It was always funny to hear the girls playing with him in the other room: 'Ooh! John Kerry pooped! There he goes; catch him. He's going under the dresser!' or 'Ouch! John Kerry bit me!' They never shortened his name to 'Johnny' or 'John'; he was always referred to in the formal sense.

"I'm not sure what the real John Kerry would think of this, but he should consider it an honor.

"We will miss John Kerry — at least until we bring Obama and Hillary home from the pet store."


Run, John Kerry! Run! (Ha! I kill me!)

Alternate link for comments

No comments:

Post a Comment