Monday, January 22, 2007

Maryscott O'Connor of My Left Wing

I know some readers here also post at My Left Wing, so I thought I should front page this as well. I had no idea Maryscott O'Connor was in the hospital until I saw this diary entitled I visited Maryscott yesterday. Yikes--apparently she's been in the hospital for over a week. Shockwave writes:

I will print your comments and give them to her
...
We talked about MLW, I told her the site was holding up and will be there when she gets out. We talked about Hillary, the image copyright controversy at DKos to which she said; that she wanted nothing to change at MLW and in true Maryscott spirit she told me she rather go to court than change the current rules.

I trust that soon the doctors will find a cure for what ails Maryscott. Her living conditions were fine and the hospital staff seemed competent and engaged.

Maryscott is my friend from our early days at DKos and I have grown closer to her, Adam and Terry since I moved to their neighborhood last year.

Please keep her in your thoughts and if we all do our part she will soon be back in action and MLW will pull through.
Anyway, I set up a new candle page for Maryscott O'Connor, and diaried it here.

Also, Maura has been having health problems and is in need of help. That had slipped my mind (sorry) until listener mentioned her in the comments of the last thread. Don't mean to just tack this onto the Maryscott entry, but I honestly don't know if I would remember to do a separate post later. If you go to this diary at My Left Nutmeg, there is a link to a PayPal button for anyone who would like to help Maura with her considerable medical expenses. I know some people can't do PayPal, but, unfortunately, I don't know the answer as far as alternate plans for getting donations to Maura. If anyone finds out, please let me know, and I'll add that info to this post.

Alternate link for comments

No comments:

Post a Comment