Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Lunchtime reading

Note to MSM: That stiffness you feel in your back is called a spine. Try some Ben Gay until you get used to it.

Terry O'Neal at the Washington Post joins the chorus asking difficult questions, like "Why, throughout most of last week, was the most eloquent ambassador, and the only recognizable white face in New Orleans, the great and noted statesman . . . Harry Connick Jr.?"

AP: Bush to lead investigation into his own failure (cue laugh track)

Buffeted by criticism over the federal response to Hurricane Katrina, President Bush said Tuesday he will oversee an investigation into what went wrong and why — in part to be sure the country could withstand more storms or attack.

Bush also announced he is sending Vice President Dick Cheney to the Gulf Coast region on Thursday to help determine whether the government is doing all that it can.


(Courtesy of TalkingPointsMemo.com)

The New Yorker editorial in which the Bush of Elections Past is resurrected to show how miserably Bush has "failed in every respect."

"During the Presidential debates in 2000, George W. Bush informed his opponent, Al Gore, that natural catastrophes are “a time to test your mettle.” Bush had seen his father falter after a hurricane in South Florida. But now he has done far worse. Over five days last week, from the onset of the hurricane on the Gulf Coast on Monday morning to his belated visit to the region on Friday, Bush’s mettle was tested—and he failed in almost every respect."

(Courtesy of TheRawStory)

Even Pierce Brosnan took a shot at Bush. (Personally, I prefer Sean Connery but that's just me.)

In other news, the Senate will begin hearings on John Roberts next Monday.

If you're just settling down to lunch, bon appetit.

8 comments:

  1. Hi, Renee. Figured I would test out your new method.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Works okay for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. (Personally, I prefer Sean Connery but that's just me.)

    Probably because I've never watched any of the James Bond movies, I can't think of Sean Connery without this coming to mind:

    Sean Connery: Well, the game is afoot. I'll take anal bum cover for 7,000.

    Alex Trebek: That's An album cover, not anal bum cover.

    Sean Connery: I can read, Trebek. That says Anal bum cover. I've spent five years of my life trying to invent an anal bum cover, failing to do so is my greatest regret.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, I love those SNL Celebrity Jeopardy skits with Sean Connery. Those are just classic.

    I'll take 'The Rapists' for 20.

    That's therapists, not the rapists.


    I would dissolve in tears because Will Ferrell and Darrell Hammond were just so good at this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't had a chance to check it out yet, but this looks interesting:

    FEMA: Florida Election Management Agency
    (click)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Howard is on Randi Rhodes right now.

    It sounds like he's talking into a tin can--maybe it's my computer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Corinne. Working on a transcript of the part I caught.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just back from my ("country") store, which is out of gas, by the way.

    Listening to Neal Boortz on the car radio (the only time I listen): outrage that the pReznit is being blamed. Guy called in; he'd just visited the DU, lol! Was upset that rePublicans, as a group are being blamed for this. *He's* doing everything *he* can. . . . The DU are just soooooooooooo full of h.a.t.e.

    1. He needs to take a gander at the freeps ~~ who personally wish cancer and violent deaths, etc., et al. on their enemies(us).

    2. Understand that all he's doing personally might never have needed to be done, if the gov't was doing it's job.

    (Yeah, right. I know.)

    ReplyDelete