Friday, September 25, 2026

Spinnaker wishes it wasn't taking so long to get to the Midterms.


39 Days until the Midterms!
 
From Renee, my response to the pumpkin post from yesterday

15 comments:

  1. I missed the midnight deadline for the previous thread because I had been busy filling out the preliminary forms to become a panelist at Capricon. That's a science fiction convention, of course. It used tp be mid-February but has now moved to the last weekend in January.
    To answer Cat's question: my book will come out directly from the publisher -- me. I have given up trying to find a company that wants to publish it. But self-publishing is becoming a thing these days.
    To answer listener's question: No, I can't really find the time to read Heather Cox Richardson.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, cons come first, especially Capricon, she says, speaking as a proud Capricorn.

      Are you doing your book through Lulu [click] or Amazon? My dad has used Lulu for all his books, and has been quite satisfied. With the exception of his memoir, they have all been large genealogy books, and all have been hardcover. Looking at the Lulu web site now, I see they also allow for the production of E books. I don't know anything about publishing through Amazon.

      Delete
  2. Is Spinnaker a DemoCat? Thank you, I'll see myself out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. She is an Episcocat and might be a Democat, but seems more Purrgressive.

      Delete
    2. Mizzen is definitely an Independent.

      Delete
  3. Hi, gang. I'm still coming by, but don't have anything quick to say. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you guys know Tammy Duckworth has advised her colleagues that they "shouldn't be impeaching anyone?" I was flabbergasted. Now I'm just plain furious! On tonight's Lights On, Jessica talks with John Boniface of Free Speech for People about this disgraceful display and what can be done. She also plays some reactions from across the innertubes.


    Video: FUROR Over Democrat's "Don't IMPEACH" Advice as NEW TRUMP IMPEACHMENT Gets Filed | Lights On - Click

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As noted on a previous thread, my congresscritter Richie Neal consistently votes Present on Rep Greene's articles of impeachment. He has never been my idea of a Democrat. I'd much rather have Rep. McGovern, a real, old fashioned, fire breathing progressive. This time, Neal's primary opponent only lost by seven percent. Let's hope next time he can pull it off!

      Delete
    2. As you know, I strongly agree with Tammy. So far as I can see, impeachment is simply a flagrant form of political suicide. And I want to see Democrats in office.

      Delete
    3. Why is impeachment political suicide? People will say, "Democrats are just interested in political grandstanding, not in anything that will actually solve our problems. I need to find a half-way decent Republican. Or maybe better yet, not vote at all."

      Delete
  5. Wish me luck. Cosmic Roots and Eldritch Shoresk which pays pro rates. has just asked if I would be willing to rewrite my story "The Shadow of Blight." As long as the suggested changes don'r destroy what I see as the spirit of the story, the answer is Yes! This doesn't mean they'll accept the revised manuscript, but it's a good sign.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All good luck and blessings, W.A.! That sounds like a great opportunity. Wil published his book through a local publisher, Phoenix Books. They did an excellent job with it.

      If you can get it as an e-book, all the better. The author makes more money from an e-book than a printed book!

      Delete
    2. PS: Heather Cox Richardson offers a live talk on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6:00pm on her Facebook page and Substack. She always asks an hour ahead what questions people have for Politics Chat. It's always very informative and interesting when she gives historical context.

      Delete