Thursday, September 24, 2026

Pumpkin!



40 Days
until the Midterms!

7 comments:

  1. Dental Update: Temp crown 2.0 seems to be a big upgrade! Apparently the first was too thin and the glue they used was the least strong they use. So it cracked. This one is thicker and they used better glue. So far, so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear the new crown is holding. Knock on wood!

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Cat. I'm eating sooo carefully and hoping to make it all the way to October 14th.

      Delete
  2. There are not enough hours in the day this week! In addition to trying to do more oil painting, a neighbour gave us a lightly used daybed, which will make a fabulous upgrade from a cot, in our Studio/second guest room! The double dentist visits didn't help my time crunch. But its mostly good stuff. I have barely been keeping up with news.

    ReplyDelete
  3. W.A., sounds like you had a productive Wednesday. I haven't read Startide Rising, so added it to my BARD wishlist. BTW is your book being serialized in Analog, or is it coming out directly from a publisher?

    ReplyDelete
  4. How is everyone tonight? I actually had a nice day on somewhat insufficient sleep. The silly kitties have taken to following me around and wanting attention if I get up for a minute in the middle of the night. They are fairly nocturnal and don't understand why we would rather sleep at night.
    But instead of taking a catnap today, I met a friend at a new bookshop/cafe and we had a great time catching up, and looking over the children's section with grandmother eyes. Then I came home and painted some more on the daybed. While I worked i listened to Heather Cox Richardson's Thursday chat, live. When it got too cold to paint in the garage, I came in and did more on an oil painting. It's very nearly done! Whoo hoo!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you all read Heather Cox Richardson regularly? Do you watch her videos? She is on Facebook but she also has a free substack. Let me know if you need a link.

      Delete