Sunday, September 03, 2006

Last Sunday's sermon: the Word I heard

Click here to read about the image above, which is by Richard Adams, and is entitled "Kiss".

Last Sunday, Oscar' Word for the Week was entitled "What, in Hell, Do You Want?" There was a note at the beginning of the post, indicating that it was the message he would be preaching at Temple of Faith Baptist Church that day. That same day, sitting in Saint Stephen's Episcopal Church, I heard a very different sermon. What fascinated me, upon coming home from church and seeing Oscar's post, was that *both* sermons featured Carlton Pearson--a man whose name I had never heard before that day--as a major character. Today at church, I picked up a copy of Rev. George Glazier's sermon from August 27, and I would like to share it with you here.

Alternate link for comments

No comments:

Post a Comment