Thursday, April 13, 2006

Late Night Thread

In honor of Rev. William Sloane Coffin, I'm going to post a few more links before turning in for the night...

Taking Back the Faith by Dan Wakefield

MLK ally and spiritual progressive dies

In last night's diary at My Left Wing, this comment told the story of how William Sloane Coffin had a powerful effect on one person's life.

I don't expect that I will ever be the kind of prophetic voice that Bill Coffin was, but I truly believe that progressive people of faith need to make their voices heard, and the prophetic voices of our own times inspire me to keep doing what I can.




(By the way, if you're never heard the story about the supposed put-down a young G.W. Bush remembers receivng from Coffin while at Yale in the 60s, you can read about it here.)
Alternate link for comments

No comments:

Post a Comment