Saturday, February 11, 2006

Stop me before I muse again!

I wasn't going to take the time to put up a new diary before going out to do some weekend errands, but how can I pass this up? In a diary by Overseas at Daily Kos:

Canadian Press
Published: Friday, February 10, 2006 WASHINGTON (AP) - The U.S. government concluded its Cyber Storm wargame Friday, its biggest-ever exercise to test how it would respond to attacks over the Internet from anti-globalization activists, underground hackers and bloggers.

BLOGGERS?! We're the object of a WARGAME?

Participants confirmed parts of the worldwide simulation challenged government officials and industry executives to respond to deliberate misinformation campaigns and activist calls by Internet bloggers, online diarists whose "Web logs" include political rantings and musings about current events.

Well, I've been accused of a lot of things, but guilty of "musings" is a new one for me. Wonder if it carries a jail sentence? Anyone else been "musing" lately and want to fess up right now? Does a muser eventually evolve into a ranter?

That cracked me up. Reminded me a bit of when Maura in VA was being interviewed on Nightline and one of the questions was whether she had revealed to Virginia Delegate John Cosgrove that she was a blogger when she wrote to him. And a number of us were writing "My name is ---, and I'm a blogger", like we were at an AA meeting or something. "Muser" is just that much more absurd.

I just read the above post to Demetrius, and he remarked, "I wonder what it's like to have a free press."

I sure hope we get to find out some day. In the meantime, when people like Howard Dean speak the truth, it's important to do what we can to "have their back". That's why we've got a bat. That's why I want to make sure we are ready with our *positive* stories in honor of Dean's first anniversary as chair of the DNC, because we know that there are bound to be some stories in the "mainstream" press about what a disaster Howard Dean has been as chair. The cupboard is bare and we can't get our poor dog a bone! Well, in any event, I know we'll be seeing some total bull-- er, crap, rolled out as "news". We'll need to be ready with rapid response.

Alternate link for comments

No comments:

Post a Comment