Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Bush: EDUCATOR in Chief?!

How on earth did I miss this?

"My job's as much educator in chief as it is commander in chief." -President George W. Bush speaking at the Grand Ole Opry House, Feb.1, 2006.

I found this article via Columbus Progressive Alliance News, originally posted as President's Frightening Lesson Plan, in the Niagara Falls Reporter Opinion.
Read some of this article below, and click here for the whole article. Somebody please post some good visual interpretations of the "Educator in Chief". I need a good laugh to give myself a teeny break from the rage-athon.
Speaking to the crowd at the Grand Ole Opry, Bush sounded like Minnie Pearl -- minus the humor -- talking about her Uncle Nabob and her dim-witted brother. With condescending paternalism and that Alfred E. Neuman "What me worry?" look on his face, Bush added worrier in chief to his growing list of titles.


"I clearly see the threats to America," Bush assured folks. "My job is worrying about those threats. That's not your job. We've got a lot of people in government worrying about those threats so you can go on with your life."

We should "get on with our lives"? Hmmm--where have I heard *that* expression before? Oh, *that's* right. Bush telling reporters he needed to "get on with his life" rather than meet with Cindy Sheehan this past summer. I'm sorry, but when a guy whose priorities are that out of whack tells me not to worry about something, I tend to worry *extra*.

By the way, I posted this as a diary earlier today over at My Left Wing--check the comments for some funny graphics.

Alternate link for comments

No comments:

Post a Comment