Sunday, February 05, 2006

Statewide Candidate Forum, Feb 4 (OH)

I would have liked to be able to attend the statewide candidate forum that was held yesterday in Ohio--after all, it was held right here in Columbus. But it ran from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., and web site said to R.S.V.P. by Feb. 1. I already had a commitment for that morning. If I was really on the ball, I could have contacted someone to find out if I could attend just part of the event, but, well, I wasn't. Or rather, I have to fit in this blogging and activism thing in around the rest of my life. Anyway, if anyone here did attend, I would like to hear your thoughts about the event.

Here's what I've found so far...there is some live blogging from Mrs. Editor at Ohio 2nd blog here. The first Kos diary I saw about the event was this one: Hackett Booed at Statewide Candidates Forum. Apparently he was booed by Brown supporters for going negative on Brown:

Today about 20 or so audience members "booed and catcalled" when Paul Hackett spoke of Sherrod Brown directly, saying Brown had been a "politician" since he was 21, and asking what was Brown going to accomplish in the Senate that he had failed to in the Congress?

Of course, I've read plenty of put downs of Brown to Hackett as well. Cut it out, okay? It's not cool. Say what *you'll* do if elected. Positive message, please.

The diarist, progressivearlintonian, added:
I had to leave before he finished his Q&A and I walked out thinking, gee, what a huge gaffe by Paul Hackett.

and then I remembered . . .

Paul Hackett is a Marine. He says what he thinks.

Yeah, he's a Marine. He's also an attorney, and as such, he presumably *does* know how to choose his words carefully when it really matters. You can do better than that, Paul.

Here's the writeup about the Hackett/Brown portion of the forum from BuckeyeSenate. He's also written about the rest of the day here and here.

Alternate link for comments

No comments:

Post a Comment