This cat might be a jerk
This image is from a "decodable reader" I used one day when I was volunteering as a Reading Buddy at the library. I think I had a reaction to the red cap before even questioning how the cat was managing to hold a bowling ball and pin. My head canon is that the cat is on the red hat bowling team and is preparing to play against a blue or yellow hat team.
Just one of those reminders that red caps have been ruined since the mid 2010s.
68 Days until the Midterms!

Good point about the red caps! We do have a visceral reaction to red caps now, don't we? I have practically stopped wearing red altogether. After we turn the government around and put certain people behind bars, we need to reclaim red. It's not red's fault!
ReplyDeleteVery happy to see that the 7th season of PBS's All Creatures Great and Small will air January 17th! If you have never seen this current adaptation (vs the original series), you are in for a treat. It's worth the $60 donation annually to have access to all the seasons to watch any time you like. It's heartwarming, and incredibly well written and acted...based on the James Herriot books, but without the outdated view on women and others.
ReplyDeleteOutdated? You mean, the way things actually were in rural Yorkshire in the 1930s?
Delete