I just ordered a lightweight, collapsible, electric wheelchair. This is not for my benefit but for Dad's. Lately he's been struggling on the ramp, one day asking, "Are you getting heavier or am I getting weaker?" While it is not beyond the bounds of possibility that I'm getting heavier, it's undeniable that he's getting weaker. He's lost a noticeable amount of muscle mass in the past few years. Like I said to Sis, I should have thought to buy an electric chair sooner. On the other hand, the lightweight ones I looked at today have only been available for a couple of years. So, I guess it comes out even in the end.
It is definitely a bummer to watch a parent decline. (I don't know why I can't directly reply to a comment, but that's about number 6 on things that are annoying me today.)
Today we picked up the two younger grands from Maine (Younger*Grandson, 10 and Youngest* Grandchild, about to turn 7) and are having a really fun time together!
I'm heartbroken that Maura and Pete and their teen son Hugh suffered a house fire! Sounds like they won't be able to move back home until at least next Summer! Thank you so much, Renee, for alerting us. I was finally able to donate tonight. They were hoping for $10K and they're now up to $23K. That will help them be able to afford a place to live between now and then.
Very pretty!
ReplyDeleteYou know me. Everything reminds me of a song. /So, here you go: Frank Sinatra - "What Makes The Sunset" from Anchors Aweigh (1945) - Click
DeleteI just ordered a lightweight, collapsible, electric wheelchair. This is not for my benefit but for Dad's. Lately he's been struggling on the ramp, one day asking, "Are you getting heavier or am I getting weaker?" While it is not beyond the bounds of possibility that I'm getting heavier, it's undeniable that he's getting weaker. He's lost a noticeable amount of muscle mass in the past few years. Like I said to Sis, I should have thought to buy an electric chair sooner. On the other hand, the lightweight ones I looked at today have only been available for a couple of years. So, I guess it comes out even in the end.
ReplyDeleteYou're doing well by your Dad. Let us know how he does with the new rig.
DeleteIt is definitely a bummer to watch a parent decline. (I don't know why I can't directly reply to a comment, but that's about number 6 on things that are annoying me today.)
ReplyDeleteToday we picked up the two younger grands from Maine (Younger*Grandson, 10 and Youngest* Grandchild, about to turn 7) and are having a really fun time together!
ReplyDeleteI'm heartbroken that Maura and Pete and their teen son Hugh suffered a house fire! Sounds like they won't be able to move back home until at least next Summer! Thank you so much, Renee, for alerting us. I was finally able to donate tonight. They were hoping for $10K and they're now up to $23K. That will help them be able to afford a place to live between now and then.
ReplyDeleteGood news that the fundraiser is doing so well. It had just past ten thousand when I got over there.
Delete