Monday, August 17, 2026

Brown-eyed Susans


                     78 Days until the Midterm Elections


19 comments:

  1. Hallo!!!

    I'm home from a couple days away in Maine, visiting family. We got to see our DIL's new house! (She is Shiloh's widow.). It's really quite wonderful. We also go to find an Inn to reserve for our family Christmas gathering! It is centrally located about 2-3 hours from each of ours and our kids'' houses. It's a gorgeous victorian Inn, with some real history and they're going to set up a Christmas tree for us and more. Very excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, I'm just now reading about Maura's house fire 😢 and that Cat's Dad's hearing aids aren't working well 😕 and that W.A. is grateful for the belated birthday wishes 🥳 and that nordy is still feeling crummy 😔 and more...!

      Hoping to catch up some more tomorrow. Suuuuper tired tonight.
      It was, though, truly a great weekend of visiting.

      Delete
  2. I'm relieved to see that no tsunami resulted from the 7.7 quake in Indonesia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you see the video of the results of Hurricane Lala on the Big Island of Hawaii I posted on the last thread?

      Delete
    2. I saw that today, yeah. They are VERY lucky the eye missed them. But 2 feet of rain makes a massive mess. Still, no deaths is the best news.

      Delete
  3. I just discovered Spotify, and have spent quite some time happily selecting artists. Their selection of '30s and '40s Swing and dance bands is phenomenal. I thought I might make it explode, though, since I also selected a lot of '60s and '70s stuff. However, my phone didn't explode, and I now have a nice start on a playlist. Can fill in the lacuna as I go along. Maybe a silly way to spend the afternoon, but certainly an enjoyable one. Nice to get away from the real world for a while. Passing through YouTube just now, I saw a headline that Trump is threatening to bomb Oman. WTF? I tell you, that man is a clear and present danger not only to this country, but to the entire world!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Is this the first time the Supremes voted unanimously on something? Sure gives the Survivor reason to smile!

      Delete
  5. Random notes of no particular importance: #1 I quit smoking 17 years ago at 65 after smoking two packs a day for 40+ years. This sh!t Trump administration is making me want a cigarette! That really makes me angry. That is a sure indicator of too heavy a stress load. I won't smoke, but it makes me angry that I sometimes want to.
    #2 Finally at 82 years old I FINALLY learned how to tie a quilter's knot and it has made my handsewing life so much easier and faster. It's the little things that count. Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed.

      It's a good thing my blood pressure medication strictly forbids use with alcohol, and I'm scared out of my mind what mixing the two might do, or I'd currently be living at the bottom of a vodka bottle. You're right, Susan, the stress is just awful. And, think about it, you and I have fairly comfortable lives, only tangentially touched by the orange turd, and we're still wrecks. I don't want to get any closer than I already am, thank you very much!

      Delete
    2. Amen to that! Susan

      Delete
    3. Congrats on tying the quilter's knot! 👍

      Now you can also crew on a boat! ⛵️

      Delete
  6. Not much going on these days except reading -- currently Semiosis by Sue Burke. Burke will be moderating two of the panels I will be on at the upcoming World SF convention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. World Con is Labor Day weekend, isn't it?

      Delete
    2. Not necessarily. This year's is Aug 27 to Sept 1

      Delete