Thursday, August 20, 2026

The Mount Washington Hotel, an historic grand hotel in Bretton Woods, NH

 

75 Days until the Midterms!


5 comments:

  1. That hotel reminds me of the one in "The Shining", the Steven King story/movie. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to look it up, but, yeah, I can see it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Stephen King lives not too far away in Maine, so it's quite possible he's been to the Mount Washington and found it inspirational...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stand corrected.

      "The fictional hotel in The Shining is the Overlook Hotel, which was inspired by the historic The Stanley Hotel in Estes Park, Colorado, where author Stephen King stayed in 1974. For Stanley Kubrick’s 1980 film adaptation, the exterior shots used the Timberline Lodge in Oregon, while interior set designs were modeled after the Ahwahnee Hotel in Yosemite."

      They're all likely of the same time period.

      Delete
  4. Having a fabulous visit with the grands!!!! More when I can. Need to get to sleep for an early morning PONY RIDE for the birthday girl. 🥳

    ReplyDelete