Sunday, August 16, 2026

Gorgeous Zinnia

                      

79 Days until the Midterm Elections!


10 comments:

  1. nordy here stopping by to say my diverticulitis is acting up and that's why I haven't been posting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry to hear that, nordy. I hope you start to feel better. Susan

      Delete
    2. Yikes! Sending love and healing vibes!

      Delete
    3. Really hope it gets better soon.

      Delete
    4. Hallo nordy! Thanks for coming by. I hope you get some relief and soon!! 💜

      Delete
  2. It's so frustrating. Normally I would talk to Dad about Navy related things. But, I can't because a) he's a dedicated Trumper and b) he doesn't hear very well and his hearing aids don't work very well. (He has them out for repair, but he told me the ENT said they may not be repairable.) So, there are all these stories coming up on the news that I can't ask him about.

    The scandal of conditions on the Abraham Lincoln has been circulating quietly for months but is, rightfully, finally getting full attention. This weekend I hear Trump is dissatisfied with the aesthetics of our naval vessels. He wants carriers to abandon modern launch systems and go back to hydraulic and - wait for it - steam driven catapultes. Also, he doesn't like the positioning of a vital part of the ship on modern carriers. He wants the "multi-story tower that acts as the carrier's command center" in other words the bridge, further forward because that's how it was on WWII era carriers. I can only suppose the filthy draft dodger only knows what WWII era carriers look like from seeing them in the movies. He certainly never got within spitting distance of one. And the Navy actually has to consider this shit. Add to everything else he's a technophobe with a pathological fear of progress, advancement or betterment of any kind.

    Earlier today I reposted something on social media with the hashtags 25thAmendmentNow and ImpeachConvictRemove. But now I'm back to thinking impeachment for corruption and criminality is not the right route. He needs to be removed on medical and competency grounds. Yes, he is criminal and corrupt and, yes, that criminality and corruption need to be dealt with in the courts. But it seems to me his catastrophic decline in physical and mental health is what poses the clear and present danger. Invoking the Twenty-fifth Amendment is the quicker, cleaner way to get him out. Once he's out, the crimes he personally and his administration writ large have committed against the nation and the world can be indicted and prosecuted. His lawyers will doubtless try to run out the clock on any statute of limitations that may apply. Still IMO it's much better to have Trump out of office ASAP, even knowing we'll get Vance. We'll still be better off. No idea how to bring this about, but it urgently needs to be done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still think he, and everyone he appointed, must go. I keep seeing people post about Article II, Section 4, but I haven't looked it up. I mean, geez, can you see JD Vance as President? Nopiety, Nope, Nope ,Nope. They are ALL unqualified and incompetent and dealing our more harm than their useless lives are worth. Susan

      Delete
  3. I really regret I haven't made it here regularly. Thursday's belated birthday comments were really great. Yes, just having been around for 90 years is a plus. I worry less than most people about all the nonsense coming out of the White House I've seen political disruption come and go. This, too, shall pass.

    ReplyDelete