Heh. For some reason, I've been thinking lately about some jokes that I utterly failed to grasp as a child. My little brother had a stuffed Smokey the Bear with a pull string. It would say standard expressions like "Only YOU can prevent forest fires!" Fine, very on brand.
It also said "I'm Smokey the Bear, would you like to meet my paw?" I didn't know at the time that "Paw" could be a variation on Dad. Wouldn't I naturally meet his paw along with the rest of his body? Maybe we were going to shake hands, and his paw would be the part that was outstretched.
I am sooooooooo tired!! But the time with these little ones has been utterly precious and worth it. I'll have to write up a list of all we did.
Today we got to see VT*Grand's renovated apartment over her parents' garage! She is about to turn 19 and paid for it all herself (thousands), having worked and saved up for it. She also did the most work on the apartment, including laying flooring and heloing to build a half wall. Her Mom is so clever and together they did some rewiring and plumbing too. The hired electrician and plumber blessed their work (and were impressed)!
VT*Grand to Youngest*Grand: "Where should I put my bumble bee tattoo?" Youngest*Grand to VT*Grand: "Armpit!"
Okay, it's been quiet too long. Y'all asked for this:
ReplyDeleteWhy aren't any cows ballerinas? Because they lactose.
Susan
Oh, that's perfect, because one of the gifts we gave Youngest*Grand for her 7th birthday (which is one week from today) was ballet slippers!
DeleteI shared the joke with Youngest*Grand and she giggled!
Delete[groan]
DeleteHeh. For some reason, I've been thinking lately about some jokes that I utterly failed to grasp as a child. My little brother had a stuffed Smokey the Bear with a pull string. It would say standard expressions like "Only YOU can prevent forest fires!" Fine, very on brand.
ReplyDeleteIt also said "I'm Smokey the Bear, would you like to meet my paw?" I didn't know at the time that "Paw" could be a variation on Dad. Wouldn't I naturally meet his paw along with the rest of his body? Maybe we were going to shake hands, and his paw would be the part that was outstretched.
That's truly adorable!
DeleteI'm pretty sure we all have things like that, which we only half understood at the time and later comprehended. For me, it's often song lyrics!
DeleteI am sooooooooo tired!! But the time with these little ones has been utterly precious and worth it. I'll have to write up a list of all we did.
ReplyDeleteToday we got to see VT*Grand's renovated apartment over her parents' garage! She is about to turn 19 and paid for it all herself (thousands), having worked and saved up for it. She also did the most work on the apartment, including laying flooring and heloing to build a half wall. Her Mom is so clever and together they did some rewiring and plumbing too. The hired electrician and plumber blessed their work (and were impressed)!
VT*Grand to Youngest*Grand: "Where should I put my bumble bee tattoo?"
Youngest*Grand to VT*Grand: "Armpit!"
🤣