Today we went over to a book event. I used to work at Hopkins Bookshop before working at the Library. When the owner of Hopkins retired, Trinity Episcopal Church adopted the books and had a bookshop room at the church. Now that the bookshop room has closed, Trinity was offering a giveaway of all remaining books and greeting cards. Having worked at Hopkins for a dozen years, I really wanted to be there. The former owner of Hopkins was having car trouble today, so Wil and I picked her up. My goodness! They said that any books left over would have to be recycled. These are NEW books!!! So, I came home with three boxes of books, which I plan to send to a professor/priest I know in Newfoundland for the folks he teaches and helps there. The former owner of Hopkins let the folks at Trinity know that any leftover books can be donated to Goodwill. So at least they won't be thrown away!! It really felt like a "coming full circle" kind of day. I was so glad we picked up our friend and she didn't miss the moment!
Spinnaker kitty seems to be doing better. We and her vet figured out that what was causing her to vomit was the Miralax the vet said to give her. We are giving her a few days break from it, then reducing the dose by a lot. Hoping everything is getting resolved after all...!
Thanks for the well wishes, everybody. Definitely feeling better today, if not yet quite one hundred percent.
ReplyDeleteMay you keep feeling better every day!!! 🦋
DeleteToday we went over to a book event. I used to work at Hopkins Bookshop before working at the Library. When the owner of Hopkins retired, Trinity Episcopal Church adopted the books and had a bookshop room at the church. Now that the bookshop room has closed, Trinity was offering a giveaway of all remaining books and greeting cards. Having worked at Hopkins for a dozen years, I really wanted to be there. The former owner of Hopkins was having car trouble today, so Wil and I picked her up. My goodness! They said that any books left over would have to be recycled. These are NEW books!!! So, I came home with three boxes of books, which I plan to send to a professor/priest I know in Newfoundland for the folks he teaches and helps there. The former owner of Hopkins let the folks at Trinity know that any leftover books can be donated to Goodwill. So at least they won't be thrown away!! It really felt like a "coming full circle" kind of day. I was so glad we picked up our friend and she didn't miss the moment!
ReplyDeleteSpinnaker kitty seems to be doing better. We and her vet figured out that what was causing her to vomit was the Miralax the vet said to give her. We are giving her a few days break from it, then reducing the dose by a lot. Hoping everything is getting resolved after all...!
ReplyDeleteReally hope things are woerking out.
DeleteSounds hopeful. I still can't comment from my computer. Susan
ReplyDelete