Thursday, June 25, 2026

House Sparrow Feeding Chick


11 comments:

  1. Well...YOW!! Twin earthquakes in Venezuela 7.2 and 7.5 just 39 seconds apart!
    Plus a 5.6 earthquake in Northern California...largest since 1940!
    Plus a 6.9 earthquake in Japan!

    This is crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Social media users have taken to calling the algae-choked reflecting pool the “Strait of Warm Ooze.”

    ReplyDelete
  3. That made me laugh out loud. Stealing it. Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The warm ooze one, I mean. Susan

      Delete
    2. The more the merrier!
      I learned it from Heather Cox Richardson.

      Delete
  4. I still haven't listened to the Obama speeches, as I'm still trying to catch up with life.
    Spinnaker kitty is still not doing well. She barfs at least once per day and we don't fully know why.
    But signs are pointing to what the specialist vet couldn't rule out...Triaditis...which is when the pancreas, gall bladder and liver each have disease. It's basically three separate diseases that happen together. Treatment involves things like hospitalisation, IVs, possibly a feeding tube. Sorry, but cats cannot understand such things, and we don't want her wonderful 14 year old life to end in misery. So, we will be talking with the vet soon about NOT doing heroics, but seeing what's possible for palliative care. Sweet Spinnaker may not be with us a lot longer. That makes us so very sad, as she's the sweetest cat we've ever had. But we want to do what's gentlest for her, not keep her ticking so we can keep our cat. Anyway....thanks for letting me say it out loud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heartbreaking but wise. -- nordy

      Delete
    2. Always feel free to express your feelings here.

      Delete
    3. Thank you so much. It means a lot.

      Delete
  5. Folks have been thinking this Admin will try to keep DT in until after the midterms, then put Vance in place on the agreement that he pardons DT and family. I wouldn't believe DT would go for that, except that he can't pardon himself and his main concern is staying out of jail. I want the lot of them impeached, so this can't happen. I'm so envious of the Brits who get a new PM whenever one falls out of favour.

    ReplyDelete