Thursday, June 08, 2006

The Charlie Grapski Defense Fund

From Renee: This is the first time I've been able to log all the way in to the "Create Post" screen. Here goes nothing--the following (assuming it actually posts) is what I posted about 5 hours ago at an "emergency backup blog".

Hey everybody--this idea occurred to me in the middle of grading, and I figured I could do it quickly enough and then get back to my work. Sadly, once I finished it, I discovered that Blogger was being evil again (down for maintenance or whatever). So for now, I'm posting here. Feel free to download the graphic and upload it to your own site.

Help protect democracy in Alachua, Florida. Donate to the Charlie Grapski defense fund.


From Charlie...

Thanks for all who have come to the Defense Fund and contributed. I haven't had a chance yet - but I will personally email a thanks to each of you. We still have a long way to go to reach the necessary $10,000 (not fun - I hate raising money) so we need to get the word out as widely as possible to anyone interested in democracy and elections in America. On another related point - this story has now gone national, beyond the blogs, and into print in today's Los Angeles City Beat. Written by a frequent contributor to the Nation on election fraud in America this story really puts this local issue into its national significance. Check out the updates - with links to this story:

http://freealachua.org

The Blog: http://freealachua.org/mod/resource/view.php?id=2

The Defense Fund: http://grapskidefense.org

Thanks for all your help. Please repost and spread this around - we need all the help we can get.

Charlie Grapski

There are diaries about this at My Left Wing, Booman Tribune, Daily Kos, and ePluribus Media.

Alternate link for comments



No comments:

Post a Comment