Thursday, February 02, 2006

"You have already started to change the party" Dean, Feb 2004

Kudos to floridagal whose diary was just frontpaged at Booman Tribune, along with these words: [From the diaries by susanhu. Beautifully written, FloridaGal -- as always.]

We're proud to have you on board here, floridagal!

Here's a link to the diary, which is also crossposted at Daily Kos. Click to read the whole diary, in which we are reminded of what Howard Dean said when he dropped out of the race for the presidency in February of 2004. Here's how the diary ends:

But he has shown staying power, acting like a leader showing the party how to go on the offense. He said several months ago they were just learning to an opposition party. He was most surely right on that one.

I thought about 3rd party as well. I was raised pretty moderately, sort of turned liberal since Bush took office. Now some of my friends here in my area and I had to make some decisions. We decided to start getting positions within the party and changing the old ways of doing things. We have partly succeeded, but a way to go yet.

I for one have decided that Dean meant what he said, my husband and I and our friends trust him to keep working to get the party into a fighting machine. I am angry at many of our Democrats, but I have decided to work with the party to change things. Someone in a post said Dean should have more power in the party. He can have that, but only if those of us who want change are willing to work with him.

He is not liberal, but he is practical and sensible and cares about the people more than corporations. He's a virtual bulldog about things when he knows he has people behind him. So I am. I wish us luck.

Alternate link for comments

No comments:

Post a Comment