Wednesday, February 01, 2006

More rapid response

In the previous thread, I posted this rapid response link from Howard Dean's statement about Bush's State of the Union address:
http://www.democrats.org/page/speakout/sotu

I think it is also important to use that link to do some rapid response about the treatment of Cindy Sheehan last night. *This* says something pretty grim about the State of the Union.



Cindy's version of the story is posted as a diary at Kos.

This afternoon at the People's State of the Union Address in DC where I was joined by Congresspersons Lynn Woolsey and John Conyers, Ann Wright, Malik Rahim and John Cavanagh, Lynn brought me a ticket to the State of the Union Address. At that time, I was wearing the shirt that said: 2245 Dead. How many more?

After the PSOTU press conference, I was having second thoughts about going to the SOTU at the Capitol. I didn't feel comfortable going. I knew George Bush would say things that would hurt me and anger me and I knew that I couldn't disrupt the address because Lynn had given me the ticket and I didn't want to be disruptive out of respect for her. I, in fact, had given the ticket to John Bruhns who is in Iraq Veterans Against the War. However, Lynn's office had already called the media and everyone knew I was going to be there so I sucked it up and went.

Click here for the rest.

Also, here is Paul Hackett's response to Bush's speech:
Addicted to Rhetoric: Bush's State of the Union

Update: Thank you, jc, for creating the "Dead to me" board (inspired by the one on The Colbert Report) that now graces the right sidebar of this blog. It's not going to stay there forever. Just...long enough, whatever that turns out to be.

Alternate link for comments

No comments:

Post a Comment