Monday, February 20, 2006

Paul Hackett on Hardball tonight

I read the news that Paul Hackett would be on Hardball tonight over at Buckeye Senate Blog. Wanted to verify that, but to date hadn't found any place that Hardball announces upcoming guests on their web site (would be handy for confirming upcoming Howard Dean appearances). Anyway, and I don't know why this didn't occur to me before, but I finally found it at the end of the transcript from the last show.

HARDBALL returns Monday at 5:00 and 7:00 Eastern. Our guests, Iraq war veteran Paul Hackett in his first national interview since dropping out of the race for Senate in Ohio.

One more thing...last week, after finding out that Sherrod Brown does have a "Democratic" primary opponent, I decided that I wanted to write in Paul Hackett in the primary on May 2. Last night I visited the Ohio Secretary of State's web site, so I'm sharing what I learned about write-ins.

Here's the scoop...
Write-In Candidates

A person desiring to be a write-in candidate at a primary or general election must file with the appropriate election officials a “declaration of intent to be a write-in candidate.” Only write-in candidates who have filed valid declarations of intent will have votes counted in the primary or general election. (R.C. 3513.041)
Qualifications

Generally:
A write-in candidate must meet all of the eligibility requirements of the office sought. (See “Qualifications” under the specific office.)

Filing Deadlines:
Primary election: By 4 p.m. on March 13, 2006 (50th day before the primary election).
General election: By 4 p.m. on September 18, 2006 (50th day before the general election).

Here's the page where I got that information.
A few odds and ends to share. Buckeye Senate blog is also the source to check for information about Dan Lucas, whose name seems to keep coming up in discussions of who's behind the swiftboating. There's also information there about the Ohio Democratic Party's endorsements.



On a happier note, I saw this comment on Blog for America this morning:
Lynn in Cincinnati wrote on February 20, 2006 09:39 AM:

Totally OT

I went to a 'kegger' hosted by Paul Hackett on Saturday evening. Paul's wife Suzi had ordered a cake for the occasion, the cake was decorated with the flag and the words "Said it, meant it, stand by it" and everyone "loved it"!

And finally, because it's a picture that I've got, and some of you may not have seen it before, a picture of the bus.



Alternate link for comments

No comments:

Post a Comment