Sunday, February 19, 2006

Forrest Church on State of Belief

Rev. Forrest Church, Senior Minister at All Souls Church (UU) in Manhattan is going to be one of the guests on Air America's State of Belief today. The show starts at 5 p.m. E.S.T.

I keep missing this show because of my EFM classes, and meaning to download and listen to it later. I will *definitely* be doing that with this one, as I am quite fond of his writing.

He is scheduled to talk about "how the separation of church and state has allowed religion to flourish in America." The first book of his that I read was entitled "God and Other Famous Liberals", but it appears to be out of print now. Here are some other books by Church:

The Separation of Church and State: Writings on a Fundamental Freedom by America's Founders
Lifecraft: The Art of Meaning in the Everyday
Freedom from Fear: Finding the Courage to Act, Love, and Be

His sermons can be found online here. I highly recommend Cathedral of the World.


Alternate link for comments

No comments:

Post a Comment