Sunday, February 19, 2006

From the comments

I'm going to share this comment by Bill T. from the last thread for a couple reasons: to highlight the interesting contrast Bill notes between the Hackett and Cegelis situations (is it different because Illinois is a "blue state?) and to let everyone know what I've found out about getting posts via Feedblitz.

For a change I got here while the thread I wanted to comment on was still active. (It would be great if somehow each front-page post could arrive in my in-box shortly after it happened, but I guess that's not possible.)

It's an interesting contrast between the Hackett and Cegelis situations. They forced Hackett out on the grounds that a primary would be bad for the party. But my take on the reason they waited until the very last moment to drop Duckworth into the campaign was that they wanted a real primary fight -- wanted to make it impossible for Cegelis and her supporters to shift over to supporting Duckworth. (There would have been a primary anyway, but nobody gives Lindy Scott much of a chance. Although he's frankly running a much stronger campaign than I would have personally expected.)

But in contrast to what we hear in Ohio, the head of the DuPage County Democratic Party has commented that if Cegelis wins she will be that much stronger for the primary victory. (And yes, she said "Cegelis." The party organization is formally neutral, but there's no question who most of them support.) And I agree. In addition to the momentum, there's the point that much of the shoe-leather groundwork will have already been laid. Is the Senate really that different from Congress?

Anyway, I quick post before getting ready to head out for canvassing. It's 15 degrees warmer today than yesterday and I met my work deadline last night.

Bill T.

Bill has probably already left for his canvassing (brr!) but since I looked into the Feedblitz situation regarding how frequently one receives updates, I thought I'd go ahead and share what I've learned. If you sign up to receive HEP by mail via FeedBlitz (in the right hand column under the list of contributors) you get a mailing once a day about the threads that have been posted here in the past 24 hours.

Further information for anyone who has never signed up for this--if you click the "subscribe me" button, it takes you to a page where you register with Feedblitz. Anyone who has done that will have a password which, along with their email address, will allow you go log into this page.

It says that you can "Turbocharge your subscriptions". For a fee. You can choose to have your subscriptions mailed you you hourly, every 4 hours, or every 8 hours. There does not appear to be a setting saying "whenever a new post goes up". You need to subscribe to this premium service via PayPal, and the cost is $1.59 a month for one feed, or $9.95 a month for all of your feeds (say, if you subcribe to the Howard-Empowered feed as well as a number of others.

Of course, it's always free just to check the blog more often. And we enjoy the company. :-)

Alternate link for comments

1 comment:

  1. naturally like your website however you have to test the spelling on several of
    your posts. A number of them are rife with spelling problems and I in finding it very bothersome to tell the reality on the other hand I'll certainly come again again.

    Feel free to surf to my page: cccam pack

    ReplyDelete