Thursday, January 19, 2006

Open Thread


Don't know what's wrong with the blog today, but thought I'd try posting a new thread and see if that helped. My version of "Well, have you tried thumping it?"

By the way, here is Howard's response when a member of the audience yesterday asked what we should be doing to oppose the Alito being confirmed as a Supreme Court Justice:

"I would write your senator. I don't believe Judge Alito belongs on the bench for the reasons I wrote in my articles on the web site. And I think you need to speak with your Democratic senators, including Democratic presidential hopefuls, about doing whatever is necessary to make sure he doesn't get on the bench. He does not represent the mainstream in American political thinking, nor does he represent the mainstream of our values."

The picture above is not of Howard answering that particular question. I just wanted to post a picture of Howard, and this one has Katie Thomsen in it.

UPDATE: I just found out about this new Filibuster Alito site.

Alternate link for comments

No comments:

Post a Comment