Tuesday, December 13, 2005

From Subway Serenade
Chapter 2 (excerpt)

...The blue eyed preacher smiled a knowing smile, walked slowly through
the cleared pathway to me and gently put his hand on my shoulder. Then
he looked up and spoke to the crowd. /*

*/ "Everyone here should remember this: If you would be a friend of
the Lord, then you should give as much as you can, as often as you can,
without counting the cost." He then looked into my eyes and said,
"Zack, I'm just a weary traveler whose come to light the way, and soon I
will be returning to my Father's house. I'd be honored if you would
lead me to your home, so that I may dine with friends of the Lord." /*

*/ I saw in his eyes a deep abiding peace, mingled with the most
profound sadness. Suddenly, my head was filled with a brilliant light,
and in the blink of an eye I was shown the Name of God. I was crushed
by the sheer weight of the love I felt, and my mind screamed. Just as
quickly the feeling stopped and I had to struggle to catch my breath. I
looked up at the preacher again and he smiled, but I found myself
wondering how so much love could ever be so sad. Speechless and dazed,
with the preacher's hand on my shoulder, somehow holding me up, we
started to move back through the crowd toward my home...
/*

(Read the whole story here.)

Alternate link for comments

No comments:

Post a Comment