Sunday, September 11, 2005

Sunday evening, 9/11

I've had a very busy day, with little time for reflection, so I thank Catreona (aka uinen) for sharing some thoughts on the fourth anniversary of the September 11 attacks. In the comments, franster shared the text of her diary, "How will our hearts go on?", which is posted at My Left Wing and Booman Tribune. Subway Serenade shared the lyrics to his Red Line Blues, penned in response to the attacks on the World Trade Center four years ago today. In my morning post, I passed along the news from Quintus Jett that he will be live blogging on My Vote is My Voice again tomorrow, and wished a happy birthday to some members of our blog family community.

Here are today's main blog posts:

Katrina: Be All That You Can Be Just unbelievable. Has your life been turned upside down by Hurricane Katrina? Why not join the military?

Katrina: 'Focused' The GOP talking points of the moment--we can't "play the blame game" (talk about accountability) because we are just so darn "focused" on getting help by those who need it. (Right, by recruiting them to join the military at a point in time when *anything* that promises some semblence of security or a positive step toward getting one's life back on track could be perceived as a Good Thing.)

UPDATE, while it's still Sunday--click here for Oscar's Word for the Week.

6 comments:

  1. Renee, you're quicker than I am. I was trying to pull a post together for tonight and thought I'd double check--good thing I did.

    That's my cue to head off to bed for the night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee, Thanks for posting the MViMV blog link for the discussion with Quintus.

    I'm really looking forward to discussing the tangible actions he is going to list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome, Jessica. I was glad to have the information ahead of time, because when I posted over at My Left Wing about the last live blog Quintus did, I remember someone coming to the thread late and being bummed that she missed the discussion. I've posted about the upcoming discussion over at My Left Wing (click) but it could use some recommendations so that it will be seen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok, I recommended it. It only took me about 5 minutes to guess at my password and finally give up and have it emailed to me ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for recommending it, Jessica.

    Too many passwords these days--I relate.
    ;-)

    Just checked in on the blog of a friend of mine--he used to work with me by now he lives out in the Seattle area. Thought I'd share this paragraph before turning in:
    --
    "My friends, just as with 9/11, I hold out great hope that this will bring us closer together as a nation, and that some of the less seemly aspects of our past can be swept away, put in their place, and a fresh start can be made. If this disaster does not unite us in common cause for the greater good, what will? I would advise everyone to take stock of their situations and see if they are where they need to be and what they would do if something like this happened in their locale. Above all, though, we need to be like a cork on the waters in these times and ride with things as we need to. That is one of the secrets of going through trials such as this.

    ReplyDelete