Thursday, September 15, 2005

Howard Dean on CNN Open thread

I put in a tape in to record Howard Dean on Paula Zahn. Also, as you may already know, Howard Dean appeared on The View today. You can find my write-up of that appearance here.

I've added the DNC blog to the links on the right side of this page--it's turning out to be a good source of information about upcoming Dean appearances. Also on the DNC blog, you can find Howard Dean's op-ed, The Verdict on Judge Roberts, which will be appearing in newspapers around the country tomorrow.

On Booman Tribune, What Do You Want to Hear Bush Say?

Wow--there's a straight line if I ever heard one. Here's Booman's suggestion:

"With American sons in the field far away, with the American future under challenge right here at home, with our hopes and the world's hopes for peace in the balance every day, I do not believe that I should devote and hour or a day of my time to any personal partisan causes. To continue to fight through the months ahead for my personal vindication would almost totally absorb the time and attention of both the President and the Congress in a period when our entire focus should be on the great issues of peace abroad and prosperity without inflation at home.

Therefore, I shall resign the Presidency effective at noon tomorrow."


On My Left Wing, it's simple IF you ignore the complexity has posted Right Wing Talking Points - Pre-Speech. If you're one of those hardy souls who can endure a Bush speech first run, unedited, and not filtered through Jon Stewart, you might check to see how closely it compares with the predictions.

3 comments:

  1. Bush is *such* a funny man, isn't he?

    'Has the place blown up?'

    John Bolton's reputation as a difficult diplomat gave his boss, U.S. President George W. Bush, an opportunity to tease the new American ambassador to the

    "How's he doing? Has the place blown up?" Bush asked U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan as the president and Bolton arrived at U.N. headquarters on Tuesday for a world summit.

    The president's jest was captured on videotape by a U.N. television crew.

    Bolton, Bush's choice for U.N. ambassador, failed to win U.S. Senate approval for the senior post and this forced the president to use a rarely used bureaucratic maneuver to send him to New York.
    (click my name)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi friends,

    I need some help, or at least some info. Having used, or tried to use, the Census Bureau's web site a few times, I can attest that it is not userfriendly. So, if anyone can tell me what percentage of the U.S. pop. is African American and what percentage, Latino, or where to find this info, I'd appreciate it.

    On other matters: I heard Sen. Durben on CSPAN this afternoon. Among other things, he said that Fearless Leader signed an executive order, yesterday I think, lowering the wages of construction workers in the Gulf region. He said Fearless Leader will soon do the same for service workers. Guess I'm real dumb, but I fail to see the economic benefits of this action. At the same time, of course, our old friends Haliburton and cohorts have already gotten multi-billion-dollar, no-bit contracts for restoration work. We gotta make sure poor Haliburton doesn't have to waste too much of its well urned profits on paying those rapatious construction workers.

    I'll go catch up with the blog and come back here in a bit.

    ReplyDelete