Wednesday, August 31, 2005

The links on the right side

One of the first questions someone asked about this blog was about the links on the right-hand side of the page--the alphabetized list of blog names. To see where these links come from, take a look at the link "People-Powered Blogs". It's a page I've been working on for a while to help us find members of our blog family elsewhere in cyberspace. Well, I recently signed up for a Blogrolling account for one of my other blogs, and I thought, since I was doing this new blog, the blogroll should include links to our blogs. I had to pick one for each person so that it wouldn't be too cluttered.

I'm still collecting blogs and diaries to add to the People-Powered Blogs page, and when I add new ones, I'll add them to the blogroll here. Also, if I have linked to one of your blogs or diaries, and there is a different one you would like me to link instead, please let me know.

My email address--for additions to People-Powered Blogs or if there are other links or important pieces of information you would like me to post, is renee at bmgbiz.net. My schedule is a bit unpredictable right now, so I will greatly appreciate your patience as far as my response time for posting or changing links.

Also, if anyone (or several anyones) can put together a "Blogger for Newbies" type FAQ from the answers that some of you have already given each other in the comments over the past couple days, that would be a huge help. It's been a long time since I first used Blogger, and I don't think I can explain it as well as the people who have just figured it out for the first time, and figuring out how to actually log in and post here is one of the major stumbling blocks for the people who have expressed an interest in being able to join us here.

Hopefully this all makes some sense. I got a whopping 2 1/2 hours of sleep last night, and have a class to teach tonight. It would be awesome if I could fit in a nap between now and then, but first I have to get some grading done, so I won't be posting here much more today.

Final request--if you like it here, but wish there was more discussion, please do what you can to help spread the word. Thanks.

10 comments:

  1. Global warming and Katrina. Click my name

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did God send the hurricane? Perspectives...click

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kimmy posted this on her blog.

    White people 'find', black people 'loot'

    Looters, shoppers, finders
    Evan Derkacz

    "Dustin 3000 notes that 3 photos of Louisiana residents with groceries are labeled differently and asks whether wire service caption writers believe that "black p...

    ReplyDelete
  4. sites to get updates on New Orleans, courtesy of JC

    click

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, Renee. Though I would start the bloggers out with some articles since it was so busy here yesterday and slower today. I have to get lots done so am signing off for now.

    Happy blogging. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, cheryl.

    I've just updated this post, FYI.

    ReplyDelete
  7. One more before departing. I couldn't resist:

    "Democrats Must Call For Pullout
    Voters Will Punish Opposition For Not Opposing War
    Helen Thomas, Hearst White House columnist

    POSTED: 1:14 pm EDT August 29, 2005

    It's time for the Democratic Party to take a courageous stand and call for the withdrawal of troops from the senseless war in Iraq.

    Its human cost and the billion-dollar-a-week tab in Iraq should give all Americans pause.

    Would the Republicans have hesitated to challenge the Democrats if the shoe was on the other foot? Did the opposition party give former President Bill Clinton any slack while he was in office?

    What is the logic of Sens. Hillary Clinton, D-N.Y., Joseph Biden, D-Del. and other so-called moderate Democrats still backing the unprovoked war in Iraq when they know they were sold a bill of goods?

    Furthermore, they are urging that more troops be sent to Iraq. And they are doing so at a time when the generals in Iraq are giving mixed signals. Some are talking about a draw down of troops in a year, others in four years.

    Are the Democratic leaders afraid to admit they were wrong? Does the credibility of the administration -- and therefore the country -- mean anything to them?

    Both Clinton and Biden are presumed presidential contenders in 2008. That leaves Democratic voters -- many of whom are anti-war -- with no choice if either wins the party nomination..."

    click for more

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hillary and Joe are out of step and out of touch and running out of time. We are turning a corner with the occupation and destruction of Iraq. Americans are getting the sense that tha occupation of Iraq has been a debacle --- even if they are inclined to believe and everything about the so-called 'war on terror'. Even inveterate flag-wavers are sensing that Iraq is little more than a war to whip up terrorism. Vietnam survived the removal of our troops, etc. and Iraq will survive as well.

    Hillary and Joe, on the other hand, may just want to stick with the senate for now.

    ~~~

    By the way, thanks to those of you who initiated this new outlet for those of us who had grown weary on the original...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Telling visual comparison here
    Moral Values. an Illustrated Comparison

    "The Republicans are supposedly the party of faith-based initiatives. 1000 points of light. Private charitable giving helping out the poor and needy, rather than mandated income redistribution by taxation. Its the party of Christian values.

    The Democrats are supposedly the party of big government. Of cynical coastal elitists who don't believe in the moral values that built this country.

    Here are screen grabs of the home pages of the DNC and the RNC today. The areas outlined and tinted with green are concerned with Katrina relief efforts."

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too funny. I went to my blog to add some links and nothing seemed to work. Then I noticed that the little pencils next to comments weren't there. I thought, I must not be signed in. Tried several ways to do that, no luck. So I came here, signed in and went back, refreshed the page: bingo! My pencils are back. Trooth: gotta find a better way than this to sign in to my own blog.

    Off to add links.

    Anybody wanting to see me blog, click my name.

    (Leaving a comment would be *nice* since it's the only way I have to know who's been there, LOL! Leave a paw print for me kiddles)

    ReplyDelete