Friday, July 24, 2026

West Dennis Beach, Cape Cod

 

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. That reminds me: The last time I tried to post a new quiz here, Blogger and my wonky connection conspired to thwart me. Maybe it'll go better this time.

      Gospel Nine for Ten - Click

      Delete
  2. I got 9 out of 10 because I forgot to make number 8 plural.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To the Manomet Community:

    I am delighted to share some exciting news. Manomet’s work to help restore the American Oystercatcher is featured in a new Associated Press story reaching audiences across the country and internationally.
    The article celebrates a remarkable conservation achievement, a 45 percent increase in American Oystercatchers along the Atlantic and Gulf coasts between 2008 and 2023. This recovery is the result of years of dedicated science, collaboration, and on-the-ground conservation by Manomet and partners across the birds’ migratory range.
    The story features Alan Kneidel and honors the leadership of Shiloh Schulte, who played such an important role in bringing partners together and advancing this work. It is especially meaningful to see Shiloh’s contributions recognized so widely.
    Since appearing on July 20, the story has already been carried by at least 39 news outlets, including ABC News, Fortune, the Los Angeles Times, The Boston Globe, WBUR, The Independent, and Times of India - with the potential to reach millions of readers. The number of outlets continues to grow.
    This is an encouraging moment to celebrate. At a time when so many shorebird populations are declining, and the US Endangered Species Act is being challenged.
    You can read the story on ABC News here.
    https://abcnews.com/.../oystercatchers-sharp-bills-beady...
    As always, thank you for your support and for helping make conservation successes like this possible.

    Lizzie Schueler, President
    Manomet Conservation Sciences
    23 July 2026

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! We now have at least 10 tiny Monarch caterpillars! I say "at least" because I have ost count and they are notoriously difficult to locate. LOL. They will be much easier to count when they are larger. I just need to keep supplying fresh Milkweed and they'll do the rest. I have been pulling up very small plants by the root and setting them in bud vases of water, so they're very fresh for the little ones. Currently, I am down to one very small habitat to work with, but have a large one arriving Monday, so we can expand the operation. It will be so much fun that Elder*NH*Granddaughter (age nearly 11) will be here to assist!

    And! We learned tonight that Younger*Grandson (10 1/2) has been taking SAILING lessons for the last 5 weeks!! Whoo hoo! A chip off the old Grandad block! ⛵️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Off to bed early as my DIL and VT*Grand are picking me up early and taking me with them to the Vermont Fairy Festival! LOL!! It's so silly because none of us are little kids...but we'll get to have fun.

    ReplyDelete