Friday, December 05, 2008

Weekend Open Thread

There's a new site in the "I can has cheezburger" family of blogs, called "Once Upon a Win". That's where I found this:

Once Upon A Win
more epic win

The included this excerpt from the Wikipedia article about Ross.

Bob Norman Ross (October 29, 1942 – July 4, 1995) was an American painter and television host.

With his calm, patient nature, Ross came to prominence as the creator and host of The Joy of Painting, a long-running television program on public broadcast stations in the United States. When asked about his laid-back approach to painting and eternally calm and contented demeanor, he once commented: “I got a letter from somebody here a while back, and they said, ‘Bob, everything in your world seems to be happy.’ That’s for sure. That’s why I paint. It’s because I can create the kind of world that I want, and I can make this world as happy as I want it. Shoot, if you want bad stuff, watch the news.”
I miss Bob Ross. He was awesome.

Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment