Saturday, December 29, 2007

A weekend Open Thread which asks:
What creatures roam your yard or area?

~ photo of Yearling by listener's friend Mary.

We have four deer who like to "clean up" our bird feeders each night. I know life could be tougher because my friend Mary has four bears who like to "tend" her bird feeders, given the chance. Still, the deer were eating so much each night that this week I moved one of the feeders closer to the house, and it has worked great! Son*in*NC tells me that feeders near the house are actually safer for the birds. I was worried they'd hit the windows more, but he said that we may have a few more hit the window, but as they'd just be starting to fly they wouldn't have gotten their speed up yet.

Interesting. I wish the same held true for political candidates. Of course, watch out what you feed them!
And watch out for how much they're eating up of your resources when you're not looking. ;-)

♥ ~ listener


Haloscan comment thread