Monday, December 31, 2007

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2008~!


    (Note the time on the clock!)

Our youngest took this photo one week ago,
at midnight on Christmas Eve on Church Street in Burlington
about a block from where Howard Dean announced his candidacy.

It's a new year, a new day, a new season for justice and peace.
Hope springs eternal ~ and I am hopeful for positive changes soon.
I know it takes a little leap of faith for that.
So I am reminded of a bit of wisdom, to reach
toward something greater than ourselves in true expectation:

I said to the man who stood at the gate of the year,
"Give me a light that I may tread safely into the unknown."
He replied, "Go out into the darkness and put your hand in the hand of God.
For you, it is better than a light and safer than a known way."   
   ~ Minnie Louise Haskins

What is your toast for the New Year?
CHEERS! *clink!*

~ listener

Haloscan Comment Link