Friday, September 14, 2007

Bits and pieces

Some new shared items

Looking past Talk Like a Pirate Day,

ARRR! WhereĆ¢??s me grog, wench?

we've been working on our Halloween section.

Want to hide a web page from search engines? Neck-breaker of a segue there, I know, but I did call this post "bits and pieces" for a reason. Anyway, I've been looking into the issue recently, and thought I'd pass the link along in case anyone might find it useful.

As I've mentioned in the comments, I'm busy familiarizing myself with new textbooks for the community college courses I will be teaching starting next week. This is why I'm not blogging much these days. It's also why, when I do post links, they might end up being more psychology-related than in the past. Our new intro textbook is by Dr. Philip Zimbardo, who was one of the principal investigators in the Stanford Prison Experiment. Just found a new article about that experiment, titled, intriguingly, "Are you evil?"

Back in March, Dr. Zimbardo was on The Daily Show to discuss his book The Lucifer Effect: Understanding How Good People Turn Evil, and I transcribed that appearance here. I just found out that he will be coming to speak about that book here in Columbus next month, so that should be interesting.

Well, back to my school work now. Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Haloscan comment thread

No comments:

Post a Comment