Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Back to School Open Thread

I went to campus today to pick up the textbooks and supplemental resources for the two psych courses I'll be teaching starting next Wednesday. When I got home, I set the stack on the table in front of the couch, intending to start going through them later today. On his way to pick up Daughter in Ohio from the bus, Demetrius said I should come take a look at my cat.




He said it looked like she was "holding court". We find this behavior amusing in that it is so predictable. "Mommy brought home something new and important looking--I must perch on it!"

By the way, I feel compelled to note that Cat Girl *does* actually have eyes. It's just that the flash on my phone's camera is pretty weak, so her eyes don't quite show up in this picture.

Talk amongst yourselves.

Haloscan comment thread

3 comments:

  1. Cats are always looking as if they are just one step above "superior," and perhaps they are right. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think some of us could do well to learn a bit of that attitude. Cats convey an air of "I deserve to be here"--and they do. So do we.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kitteh, Pixie, must be on top of any papers we set down. She also loves a certain ball point pen and must nuzzle it whenever she sees us writing. Definitely a writer in a previous life. Pixie looks a lot like Cat Girl too.
    Peace.

    ReplyDelete