Thursday, May 17, 2007

Governor Strickland signs anti-discrimination executive order

I didn't really have anything I was planning to post tonight, but figured I should update my shared items. I found this story at Pam's House Blend, and had to front-page it.

Gov. Ted Strickland, with a stroke of a pen, restored the ban on discrimination against state employees based on sexual orientation and gender identity. His predecessor, the highly ethical Bob Taft, removed those protections in 1999.
Have I mentioned lately that I'm really glad Ted Strickland is our governor?

While at Pam's blog, I also learned that today is International Day Against Homophobia.

Anyway, just thought I'd share that.

And now...you know the drill. Make with the chit-chat.

Haloscan comment thread

No comments:

Post a Comment