Friday, January 12, 2007

How to make a werewolf

You're all just dying to know this, right? Nah, probably not, but I wanted a light, fun topic to post for Friday night. Basically, it's an open thread. ;-)

Anyway, I thought I'd tell you about my Sims. For Christmas we got a couple expansion packs for the Sims 2, including Sims 2 Pets. In addition to being able to adopt dogs and cats, there is the possibility of having your little simulated people become werewolves. I found this guide that explained what you need to do...


In all, there's really no reason not to have a werewolf. Having that instant boost of energy will especially help single Sims have fun out on the town, and it gives newly created Sims a chance to level the playing the field by devoting extra time to studying job skills. Also, werewolf Sims can be called on at night, unlike normal Sims that get all mad when you call them at 2 AM. Really, they didn't need that sleep, did they?

To have a werewolf in your neighborhood, you'll have to work a bit for the first one. First, you'll need a house that has a lot of trees. And when I say "a lot," I mean like two dozen. Literally. Just spend every cent you've got on the pine trees (or any kind of tree really) and place it somewhere on your lot.
...
The specific wolf you're looking for is one with glowing eyes.


The wolf looks like this

And you need to greet him and pet him and play with him and get to be really, really good Sim friends with him, which can take several nights, before the Leader of the Pack wolf will finally honor you with the "nibble" that is needed to turn your Sim into a werewolf.

When I was finally able to achieve that with one of my Sims, the "nibble" seemed an awful lot like a bite to me. But I guess it's a lot milder than the social interaction whereby Sims spread lycanthropy from one to another--which is by "savaging", or essentially beating the crud out of each other.

But when they're not trying to turn another Sim into a werewolf, werewolves are perfectly normal (if hairy and somewhat lumbering) human Sims. Some of them can even make lobster thermidor.



Alternate link for comment

No comments:

Post a Comment