Friday, October 13, 2006

New blog: Brown and Blue

I just found out about a new blog, Brown and Blue, which is by "Mrs. Editor"--the wife of "Editor" at Ohio2nd blog.

Here's the tagline/description:
A political blog from an independent republican democrat black woman's perspective

I thought some readers might find this post about political ads on Black radio interesting/informative.

I wake up listening to the Tom Joyner Show every morning. I’m not sure if yall know this or not but we (black people) get completely different ads than y'all do. McDonalds, car dealerships, political...you name it. If they advertise to "urban" (I really HATE that term) audiences then 8 times out of 10 the ads are different for us. From marketing prospective I guess this makes sense. Personally, I don’t correlate rap music or shuckin' and jivin' to choosing a restaurant but I'm not going to argue over it.
She links to examples of Republican ads she's heard on the radio and then says...

How do democrats respond? Well, they don’t. Once in a blue moon will you hear a democratic political ad. A few for Sherrod Brown and Ted Strickland nicey ‘ we got a plan for you’ ads but none of those hard hitting kick ass and take names later ads from the democratic Pac’s. Are they taking the high road? Taking us for granted? Assuming these ads are so asinine that they will have no impact?
Read the rest here.

Alternate link for comments

No comments:

Post a Comment