Thursday, October 12, 2006

Charlie going to trial

From the comments...

Yes - strange but true - they have officially taken the next step and charged me. Apparently they still want to mediate - which is fine with me if they seriously consider my fundamental starting point (they need to a) drop any and all charges against me (that they have already pretty much indicated they are wanting to do); b) they need to admit their wrongdoing in this matter; and c) they need to compensate me (reasonably) for the losses that they have caused me.). If they will consider this as a starting point - I am happy to see if we can come to an agreement to resolve this without having to go to a full court battle. If, however, they expect me to simply "accept" that they will drop trumped up charges against me because that is more convenient (and cheap and easy) for me, personally, then they are not coming to the table sincerely.

But the State had to make a decision by this week - because the speedy trial date was about to expire - and I could have gone next week and filed a motion to have the matter ended on that basis.

So it looks like we are going to trial - unless they do something pretty soon to resolve this in the light I placed it above.

Today was a new day of depositions by the way - the challenging candidate was deposed as well as myself. Although most of what they tried to get from me had nothing to do with the actual case at hand - the election fraud.

Tomorrow we have one of them - James Lewis - the "winning" candidate. Then they are deposing several of "us".

I only have to say that I am very disappointed - I always hold out hope that in the end certain public officials will recognize the real duties of their office and do the right thing. But the system is so pervasive - everybody who "succeeds" in it - seems to become trapped by it.

Charles Grapski

From Renee...listener suggested a candle page for Charlie. I just set one up.

Alternate link for comments

No comments:

Post a Comment