Thursday, April 27, 2006

When Democrats campaign like Republicans

As I was checking the blogs during the day yesterday on my breaks at work (reminder--I could still use some new contributers for this blog), I came upon an entry about an Ohio candidate who sent out a campaign mailer including this wording...

"Mike Foley was asked [in an endorsement interview for the Sun Newspapers] if he was 'For Gay Marriage?' Mike said 'Yes' he supports gay marriage. UNLIKE MIKE this concerns me since I DO NOT want this to become a state law. I feel a Marriage is between a MAN and a WOMAN. That is the WAY I WILL VOTE in Columbus! In FACT Mike Foley has been ENDORSED by the STONEWALL DEMOCRATS, who are a GAY/LESBIAN political action committee. His endorsement is largely because of His Support of Gay Marriage."
There was a call to action on Buckeye State Blog.

The Cleveland Plain Dealer blog, Openers, sums of what happened from there. Bill Ritter, the candidate who put out the mailer, lost the endorsement of the UAW. Read the rest here.

Alternate link for comments

No comments:

Post a Comment