Sunday, April 23, 2006

Donna and Thankful go to Iowa

Home again home again safe and sound. Yesterday was one of the best days in my series of great days since I first came to know the folks at DFA. As Puddle and Phil have already posted, Thankful and I were out in Iowa where I finally had a chance to meet my good friend Phil, which is how I have thought of him for years, despite the fact we never had met face to face.

What a day Phil had planned! We lunched, and then we met the 'blog cows.' Can you believe it, my namesake is shy! We met Phil's wonderful dad who was very impressed that Phil had "two girls from Chicago" in tow. We then helped clean up some tornado damaged property in what Phil called a "DeanCorp Project."

I am so grateful to Phil for showing us a little of his life and well, for being Phil. Do you know what my new definition of trust is? It's getting into a car with a guy you've never met and going down unmarked gravel roads knowing he has a chainsaw in the trunk.

There are so many bad massacre movies out there that tell you unfamiliar situations are scary and bad. But let me tell you folks, it's not true, (just in case you had any doubts, lol).

Chainsaws in trunks are used to clear trees that have been damaged by horrible tornadoes. And neighbors are people who show up unannounced to get the job done. And the best example of a good friend and neighbor is our own Phil*from*Iowa.

donna in evanston | 04.23.06 - 4:33 pm

Alternate link for comments

No comments:

Post a Comment