Thursday, March 23, 2006

Russ Feingold on The Daily Show

Crooks and Liars has the video, and I agree with their assessment of Feingold's performance. He definitely rocked. It was a bit disappointing that he wasn't actually in the studio with Jon Stewart, but one thing that struck me is that this is the sort of interview Howard had to work at for a while so that he didn't appear stiff. Russ Feingold came across natural and relaxed--and above all, incredibly *reasonable* in what he was saying. Certainly compared to the shrill cries from the right that he sides with the terrorists because he wants to protect the basic rights of American citizens.



I did record the interview with the intention of doing a transcript later on, but here's a piece of what Feingold said, courtesy of Crooks and Liars.

Feingold: I was taught that the congress makes the laws and the president is supposed to sign them and enforce them. He's not supposed to make them up.---How many times are we going to let George Bush and Dick Cheney say you guys don't support the troops, you're not patriotic and let them push us around?

FYI, some housekeeping issues--I put Catreona's diary back in draft since there were no comments yet. I wanted it to get enough air time, since I know that she spent a lot of time researching it. I'll be away from the computer during business hours, but one of the other contributers can flip the switch and publish it, maybe around lunch time. There is also another draft waiting (I feel so spoiled with posts written for the rest of the day!). It is a review of the movie V is for Vendetta by Darryl (aka Dardango). A warm HEP welcome to Dar!

Alternate link for comments

No comments:

Post a Comment