Monday, November 28, 2005

Site changes

Update: I am working on the font size issues now as well. Everything looked fine on my screen in Firefox, but apparently everything is all caps in Internet Explorer, and the text in the center column was huge. Working on it...

Update [11/28/05, 4:59 PM, by Oscar]: One can always ditch Internet Explorer by downloading Firefox, downloading SpellBound (spell-checking extension to Firefox), downloading AdBlock, and downloading BBCode (dKos mod). If you don't want all the bells and whistles then just download Firefox and set it as your default browser - you'll never look back. </proselytizing>

If you are a regular visitor to this site, you probably notice some layout changes today. I hope no one is too thrown by this, but the more images and links and resources I have added, the harder it is to make things easy to find--that one sidebar on the right side was just getting longer and longer. I went into the Blogger template section to try to find one that had both a right and a left sidebar like Atrios or The Majority Report.

No such luck. So I turned to trusty Google and did a search for templates. Little did I know this would involve messing with freaking CSS style sheets--ay caramba! I saved the old template in case anything got totally messed up, and I worked on the page a bit at a time seeing what worked, and how to make things work over at the old site.

I know it's not perfect, and there's still some tweaking I need to do, but I at least wanted to get the new layout up. I have now reset the timestamp on the post about Howard Dean's appearance on Jay Leno so that it won't be so confusing figuring out which thread to comment on. Also, in the left sidebar, right up at the top, I have created a place to post upcoming television and radio appearances, and I've included the e-mail address so that people can sent me the information about future appearances.

I will fix the alignment in the center column as soon as I figure out how.

Alternate link for comments