Thursday, November 24, 2005

E-cards, or how I spent most of Thanksgiving day

Last year (or maybe two years ago, now I'm not sure) we created this holiday card to be nondenominational without being a tepid, noncommittal "Happy Holidays".




See the rest here, in my diary at Street Prophets. In the comments, Sunflight asked "Can these be sent as e-cards? I'm pretty clueless when it comes to computer graphics." I answered that I am pretty clueless about the whole e-card concept, and asked if anyone else knew anything about e-cards.

But then, because I couldn't just leave it at "I don't know"--after all, what kind of Secretary of Googling would I be if I couldn't find that information. The rest of the story is long and tedious, and frankly I might actually start to weep if I had to recount how much of a baffling PITA every single step of this was to work out. I did take a break to go out to Thanksgiving dinner with Demetrius, the kids, and my brother, who just got into town around noon today. We came home, the kids are having some quality time with their uncle, and, dang it, I was determined to get this to work.

It finally does--I think. I don't know if it works with all browsers and stuff like that, and I do wince at the blinky ads you get when you preview your e-card, but that's the price you pay for a free service. Click here to see the images you can send as e-cards.

Alternate link for comments