Saturday, October 01, 2005

What I wanna know...

The other day in the comments, Kim Baily posted a link to her Kos diary, which was entitled "What I wanna know...". I reposted the link in a new thread, some of us recommended it and one of us left a comment, but I know it didn't generate the level of discussion she had hoped. And I certainly relate to the frustration of putting time and thought into a diary only to watch it sink like a stone because new diaries are posted at such an amazing rate. And since the diary is on a topic of interest to many here, I thought it was worth another look.

Howard Dean's speech to the DNC convention back in early 2003 was a life changer for me. I think it was one of the greatest political speeches I have heard. (By the way--go back and listen to it again, here is a link.

(click on the bottom video link "Democratic National Committee Winter Meeting General Session - Day 1" and go to 1:57 for Dean speach by scrolling forward)

If we had a candidate for 2008 who could sort of riff off of that speech, and relate it to the current political climate/scene, I think that could be the way to come up with a coherent means to crystallize our "new" party platform.

Follow me......

The main points of the speech, make a very logical "new" party platform. In other words, we can develop a message/platform of hope and new direction, rather than simply being AGAINST the anti middle class policies of this administration and the radical right.

Click for the rest, and discuss. (If you're not a Kos member, or even if you are, feel free to discuss it here.)

A belated happy birthday to Alan in CA (yesterday) and cdmarine (September 29).

No comments:

Post a Comment