Sunday, September 25, 2005

Sunday late-night thread

Yes, I'm brimming with creativity right now re: post titles (not to be confused with post turtles). But I'll make up for it by gracing this post with a lovely photo of Agatha, puddleriver, and Holly J, that Sylvie was kind enough to send me.



You can see more of Sylvie's DC rally pictures here, along with the pics from kheart and Alan in CA.

And, before going to bed, I wanted to front page this good news from jc, because I know a lot of people have been worried about her...

As Howard Dean would say...

"I HAVE THE POWER"

I made it safely through Hurricane Rita, except that I've been without power until just minutes ago, so had no way to let you know. Even my cell phone battery was used up with a call to my parents, who passed the word on to other relatives.

No flood water here in my neighborhood, just a very scary storm to ride out with winds that were pretty terrifying, and tons of rain, but apparently good drainage where I live. Lots of people weren't so lucky, expecially in Parishes west of me. The hardest part for me was riding it out in the dark, not knowing how much we had left, because I had lost cable and then electricity.

My car was under a carport, so no damage there, but I had to move lots of pretty big branches just to be able to get out of my driveway. One of the prices for living among the trees.

Anyway, I'm lucky and safe, and just wanted everyone to know.

Thanks for checking in, jc. We're so glad you're safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment