Introduction Water gathering most days I wait through blue and sun till dusk or even later and the rose has faded to lavender, to gray some days, the sleet has started and the leaves underfoot are slick with ice somehow I'm never sorry and never learn one night I waited till the stars were out dropped the bucket into sound, only felt the weight of it filling and the night full of stars and the river full of stars and the bucket full of stars come morning, the coffee is also full of stars
Interests Charming the universe into submission, Sunshine, Rain, Rivers.
Favorite movies Zorba, Gone With, Never on, Black Orpheus, The Crying Game, ζεηεΈ, Thelma and, Fantasia, Last Tango in Paris
Favorite music Rock, Blue Grass, Folk, Ode to Joy, Well-Tempered Clavier, Will the Circle be Unbroken?, Amazing Grace, Handel/Messiah.
Favorite books Gravity's Rainbow, Swann's Way, Epitaph of a Small Winner, Lilith, Round Heeled Woman, After the Ecstasy the Laundry, KRISTIN LAVRANSDOTTER, Out of Africa, Reveille for Radicals, People of the Lie
Well, maybe they don't need them, but don't you think that some fish might like a bicycle? INDEED. AND A SAILBOAT, TOO.
Had no internet for the past 24 hours. Tech Service was her and reconnected us. Problem is we had to shut the cats in my bedroom while work was going on. Na'Challah as decided he likes it just fine in here and he believes I needed a roommate and now he's never leaving. Susan
Was the issue only with your internet or was it a wider outage? Yesterday Xfinity had outages all across the country when they were making some changes. Clearly the changes weren't thoroughly thought out. However, Wil, Eldest, Root*Center*Son and Youngest have each been on the "Dang, that didn't work" end of an upgrade.
Arrived at Daughter's where we are staying in DIL's room since she's away. Only, her fluffy kitty is not away, has a bed in there, and loves that I know just where all the best scritches go. We'll see if she triggers my allergies. Heh.
Hands Around The Kennedy Center was a great success. I just finished watching the live stream on The Bulwark with George Conway on the ground talking to people, (costumed) creatures and dogs. He reckoned there must have been fifteen hundred people there at least. The energy was tremendous! No police presence, just a few KC security, who seemed sympathetic. They waved and said hello to George. Trump's threat is all too real, but it has brought out the best in Washingtonians. The bulldozers will literally have to go through the crowds.
puddle's son Scotty (Cooter) wrote on her facebook page today:
Dear Mom, Happy Birthday in Heaven. I'm not sure what a birthday in heaven means, but it's a special day for me to remember, especially after this eventful year (mostly not the good kind of events). Now Dad and Todd are with you, and it's just me and the grandkids down here. Dad's estate is keeping me busy, thank goodness I retired. The cabin is hanging in there, wish I could spend more time there. The cat escaped and now she is living free. Maybe she'll drop by when winter sets in. Love you, miss you.
I don't know if it counts a kind and outrageous, but I finished reading my friend Chris Gerrib's science fiction book Gunmaker. Then started the final, final, final revision of my own novel, "The Whip of Abadur..
PUDDLE:
ReplyDeleteOccupation Dollmaker, Poet, Housebuilder
Location West Virginia, CΓ΄te d’Ivoire
Introduction Water gathering most days I wait through blue and sun till dusk or even later and the rose has faded to lavender, to gray some days, the sleet has started and the leaves underfoot are slick with ice somehow I'm never sorry and never learn one night I waited till the stars were out dropped the bucket into sound, only felt the weight of it filling and the night full of stars and the river full of stars and the bucket full of stars come morning, the coffee is also full of stars
Interests Charming the universe into submission, Sunshine, Rain, Rivers.
Favorite movies Zorba, Gone With, Never on, Black Orpheus, The Crying Game, ζεηεΈ, Thelma and, Fantasia, Last Tango in Paris
Favorite music Rock, Blue Grass, Folk, Ode to Joy, Well-Tempered Clavier, Will the Circle be Unbroken?, Amazing Grace, Handel/Messiah.
Favorite books Gravity's Rainbow, Swann's Way, Epitaph of a Small Winner, Lilith, Round Heeled Woman, After the Ecstasy the Laundry, KRISTIN LAVRANSDOTTER, Out of Africa, Reveille for Radicals, People of the Lie
Well, maybe they don't need them, but don't you think that some fish might like a bicycle?
INDEED. AND A SAILBOAT, TOO.
Always in my heart -- nordy
DeleteVermont wins voter rolls lawsuit against DT Admin!
ReplyDeleteExcellent!
DeleteProtesters form a human chain around the Kennedy Center
ReplyDeleteHere We Go Again: Trump Violating The 1st Amendment - Click
ReplyDeleteHad no internet for the past 24 hours. Tech Service was her and reconnected us. Problem is we had to shut the cats in my bedroom while work was going on. Na'Challah as decided he likes it just fine in here and he believes I needed a roommate and now he's never leaving. Susan
ReplyDeleteWas the issue only with your internet or was it a wider outage? Yesterday Xfinity had outages all across the country when they were making some changes. Clearly the changes weren't thoroughly thought out. However, Wil, Eldest, Root*Center*Son and Youngest have each been on the "Dang, that didn't work" end of an upgrade.
DeleteArrived at Daughter's where we are staying in DIL's room since she's away. Only, her fluffy kitty is not away, has a bed in there, and loves that I know just where all the best scritches go. We'll see if she triggers my allergies. Heh.
DeleteNo, our break was only us. Not the way I want to be special. Susan
DeleteHands Around The Kennedy Center was a great success. I just finished watching the live stream on The Bulwark with George Conway on the ground talking to people, (costumed) creatures and dogs. He reckoned there must have been fifteen hundred people there at least. The energy was tremendous! No police presence, just a few KC security, who seemed sympathetic. They waved and said hello to George. Trump's threat is all too real, but it has brought out the best in Washingtonians. The bulldozers will literally have to go through the crowds.
ReplyDeleteVideo: George Conway Goes Live From the Kennedy Center Protest - Click
Awesome!!
Deletepuddle's son Scotty (Cooter) wrote on her facebook page today:
ReplyDeleteDear Mom, Happy Birthday in Heaven. I'm not sure what a birthday in heaven means, but it's a special day for me to remember, especially after this eventful year (mostly not the good kind of events). Now Dad and Todd are with you, and it's just me and the grandkids down here. Dad's estate is keeping me busy, thank goodness I retired. The cabin is hanging in there, wish I could spend more time there. The cat escaped and now she is living free. Maybe she'll drop by when winter sets in. Love you, miss you.
I don't know if it counts a kind and outrageous, but I finished reading my friend Chris Gerrib's science fiction book Gunmaker. Then started the final, final, final revision of my own novel, "The Whip of Abadur..
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear that. I'm looking forward to reading the finished product.
Delete