Thursday, September 03, 2026

Map Apps (Thanks to Renee)

 On Google Maps they've renamed Lake Ontario to Lake America for U.S. users

 

As of September 2, Apple Maps has also made the change.

 
Mapquest has declared "We're not changing it", leading to Mapquest skyrocketing in popularity in app stores.

61 Days until the Midterms!
(Turns out I was off by one day.  We're a day CLOSER than I counted! Yay!)
~ listener

7 comments:

  1. On a similar note: In the couple dozen comments on a YouTube video mentioning the Gulf of Mexico that I was watching last night, four or five "corrected" the phrase to the Gulf of America. I corrected them right back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sis just heard from the neurosurgeon's office that the surgery she needs to relieve the pressure on a nerve in her neck, scheduled for the Twenty-fifth of this month, has been denied by MEDICARE and canciled. They want her to go through another course of PT, and cordizone(sp?) shots and then they might be magnanimous enough to look at the request for surgery again. She is understandably quite upset.

    Thank you, Donald Trump!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhhh mannnn! I am so sad for Sis!! Pain is not easy and not something to have to wait to have quelled!!!!

      Delete
    2. I recommend she talk with her doctor about next steps. Perhaps the doctor can be helpful in making an appeal. I heard last year that this Admin has Medicare nearly always say No the first time through. Appeals are more often okay'd. Worth a try?

      Delete
  3. Today the Missouri Supreme Court told the Missouri GOP that they may NOT use their latest gerrymandering and that it has to be given to the voters as a referendum in the Midterms!! YES!!

    ReplyDelete