The tutoring I was talking about is volunteer, so I'm not missing out on any income. He'll probably show up this evening, because he has done so the past couple Thursdays. This afternoon, Reading Buddies at the library starts up again. Volunteers read for 15 minutes at a time with kids from kindergarten through third grade. So it ranges from kids learning their letter sounds to kids reading chapter books. The younger kids are probably my favorite to work with, although I enjoy working with any kid who actually wants to be there.
Happy birthday, listener! Finally made time to get back here. As soon as I got back from Worldcon I started working on my zine for Stipple-APA. That's where every six weeks or so the group (a bit over a dozen of us) submit something to be put together with the others' contributions and mailed out to everyone. It includes descriptions of what we've been doing and comments on what others wrote last time. This time my issue included descriptions of Worldcon panels -- the five I was on myself plus close to a dozen others. Add in mailing comments and there's a lot of writing, ut I;m getting vlose to finished. As you can tell, I was quite busy at Worldcon. I also met people that I don't see otherwise. Overall definitely worth doing, even for someone who had turned 90 a few weeks before.
That sure sounds busy, W.A.!! Good for you making such an impact. One of the seekers I meet with monthly turned 90 this Summer. Vibrant as ever, despite rapidly losing his sight. Retired clergy person who still offers retreats and spiritual guidance. I would like to be half as active as you two gentleman if I ever make it to 90!
Happy Birthday, listener! Susan
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday, Listener!
DeleteHappy Birthday, listener!
ReplyDeleteThe tutoring I was talking about is volunteer, so I'm not missing out on any income. He'll probably show up this evening, because he has done so the past couple Thursdays. This afternoon, Reading Buddies at the library starts up again. Volunteers read for 15 minutes at a time with kids from kindergarten through third grade. So it ranges from kids learning their letter sounds to kids reading chapter books. The younger kids are probably my favorite to work with, although I enjoy working with any kid who actually wants to be there.
It's really something to see the lights come on in their eyes when they comprehand...!
DeleteVideo: BREAKING: Trump Impeachment IMMINENT, STARK WARNING Issued to Congress | Lights On w/ Jessica Denson - Click
ReplyDeleteI'm not going to hold my breath.
DeleteMarco Rubio 'infuriated' as he's blocked from firing scandal-plagued Trump aide: report - Click
ReplyDeleteVideo: Trump Violates Federal Law: Bribes Voters $5K to Vote for Republicans! - Click
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday, listener!
ReplyDeleteFinally made time to get back here. As soon as I got back from Worldcon I started working on my zine for Stipple-APA. That's where every six weeks or so the group (a bit over a dozen of us) submit something to be put together with the others' contributions and mailed out to everyone. It includes descriptions of what we've been doing and comments on what others wrote last time. This time my issue included descriptions of Worldcon panels -- the five I was on myself plus close to a dozen others. Add in mailing comments and there's a lot of writing, ut I;m getting vlose to finished.
As you can tell, I was quite busy at Worldcon. I also met people that I don't see otherwise. Overall definitely worth doing, even for someone who had turned 90 a few weeks before.
That sure sounds busy, W.A.!! Good for you making such an impact.
DeleteOne of the seekers I meet with monthly turned 90 this Summer. Vibrant as ever, despite rapidly losing his sight. Retired clergy person who still offers retreats and spiritual guidance. I would like to be half as active as you two gentleman if I ever make it to 90!
Thanks for all the sweet birthday notes!! That capped the day perfectly!
ReplyDelete